A Full Week of Training for Non‑Engineers for only $1995
Telecom BOOT CAMP covers the whole telecom and networking picture from fundamentals to future trends.
Fill all of the gaps, build a solid knowledge base, understand the jargon and get up to speed on the new technologies.
CTNS and CTA Certifications Included.
Five days of career- and productivity-enhancing training, with two detailed course reference books totaling over 600 pages and two TCO Certifications. $1995.
Day 1: Fundamentals of Telecom
· PSTN, loops and trunks, telecom equipment, telecom industry, digital, channelized TDM, fiber, wireless
Day 2: Understanding Datacom
· Datacom fundamentals, circuit types, packets and frames, modems, DSL, cable, the "Cloud", Ethernet LANs
Day 3: Understanding IP and Networking
· OSI Layers, protocol stacks, IP addressing, IPv6, routers, carrier packet networks, MPLS, Internet
Thursday and Friday: VoIP, SIP, Security and The Future
Course 130: Voice over IP, SIP, Security, 5G and IoT
Day 4: VoIP and SIP Fundamentals
· Jargon, buzzwords, VoIP system components, implementation choices, SIP and call setup, packetized voice quality
Teracom's courses have been taught to wide acclaim across North America since 1992 and are designed for the professional needing to fill in the gaps, build a solid base of knowledge… and understand how it all fits together.
BOOT CAMP, the full week of training, consisting of both Course 101 and 130, is value priced at only $1995, including bonus CTA Certification Package and CTNS Certification Package, two course completion certificates and two 300+ page course books.
This is a savings of $1785 compared to the courses and certifications separately!
Hundreds of people like you have benefited from Teracom's training. Many tell us their Teracom course was their best course ever; filled gaps in their knowledge and tied everything together… knowledge they've been needing for years. Here's a sampling of reviews and comments from people who have taken this course:
"BOOT CAMP helped me do my job better. Instructor was a Subject Matter Expert in all areas. Excellent!"
- Barbara Hebron, Telecommunications Control Officer, US Army Southern Command
"It prepared me as a voice product manager who will be responsible for supporting SIP trunks and hosted PBX/IP Centrex offerings. I was very pleased with the instructor, his explanations or technologies and friendly presentation style."
- John Kipps, Voice Product Manager, Time Warner Cable
"I now understand VoIP! The instructor's knowledge and presentation were excellent. He kept the course efficient, moving and entertaining."
- Rishi Malik, IS Audit Project Leader, FINRA
"This seminar was very beneficial to me. I liked the breadth and depth of information. The instructor's knowledge was excellent ++. I appreciated his use of illustrations to explain complex ideas."
- Tye White, FAA
"Excellent across the board. Helped tie up loose ends; have been working in telecom for the past 4 years with no real training or background. The instructor was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the subject matter, and made the information exciting."
- John Cody, Commercial Communications Manager, US Air Force
Whether you work for an organization that produces telecom, datacom or networking products or services; or you buy these products and services - or just have to get up to speed on what all the rest of them are talking about when they say “SIP trunking”, “Ethernet”, “MAC frame”, “subnet”, “4G”, “MPLS”, “VPN”, “softswitch”, “call manager”, “RTP”, “G.711”, “SIP”, or “Transport Layer Security”…
"Five stars. Gave me a thorough understanding of telecommunications. The instructor was very thorough and interactive."
- Michelle Leesmann, Sales Analyst, CenturyLink
"Brought a complete picture of telecom voice and data together. I liked most the explanation of old vs. new technology. The instructor did a great job of bringing some complicated concepts into an easy to understand scenario."
- Dana Topping, Intelisys
"Excellent, excellent, excellent. Provided me with better information on much needed topics, including VoIP we are moving to in the near future. The best part was the knowledgeable and enthusiastic instructor."
- Donald Parkin, Converter Tech CIT, Western Area Power Administration (WAPA)
"Gave me a much better understanding of VoIP & prepared me for transitioning. The instructor did a great job of teaching a very complicated subject - answered every question asked."
- Connie Trowbridge, Jackson County
"Gained a great overview on a vast amount of telecom info that I needed to become knowledgeable on."
- Steve Shelton, USAA
You'll gain a long-lasting, solid base of unbiased career-enhancing knowledge you can build on, an investment sure to be repaid many times over, increasing your confidence and productivity and eliminating jargon- and buzzword-related frustration.
Plus, you will receive two high-quality 300+ page course books – valuable references packed with detailed notes, diagrams and practical explanations, with experience, tips and templates you can put to immediate use.
And - Certification is included: CTA Certification and CTNS Certification Package is included as a bonus with every registration.
Space in our seminars is limited, and may sell out, so please register as early as possible to reserve your place. You can register online or by phone:• Register online
• Register by phone at 1-877-412-2700
Once you register online or call us, we'll send your registration package by email, including a confirmation letter for you to sign and fax back to complete your registration. There is no obligation until you return the signed confirmation letter and you can cancel anytime up to two weeks before the course with no penalty.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as checks, purchase orders, ACH and wire transfers, and most debit cards via PayPal.
In addition to scheduled public seminars, since 1992, we have provided high-quality on-site training at 3Com, Qualcomm, Intel, Cisco, Nortel, AT&T, Alcatel, Kyocera, T-Mobile, Ericsson/Hewlett-Packard, Verizon, MindSpring, APEX Telecom, Equifax, Transamerica Insurance, CNA Insurance, the US Air Force, Bell Canada, TELUS, Cap Gemini, ComSec Establishment, MicroCell, TDS Telecom, Western Wireless... to name a few.
Onsite training has special advantages:
• Your personnel will be up to a common speed with a solid knowledge base.
• We'll fill in the gaps and put in place productivity-enhancing structured understanding.
• The seminar will be a strong team-building exercise.
• Significant reductions in training costs are often achieved.
• Each student receives a detailed workbook / textbook that will be a valuable reference for years to come.
We have built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality team-training programs that are a resounding success. We would love to do the same for you! Hold a private onsite course with as few as 7 people!
Our telecom training has been taught to wide acclaim across North America since 1992 and is designed for the non‑engineering professional needing an overview and update, and for those new to the business needing to get up to speed quickly on telecommunications, data communications, IP, MPLS, wireless, networking, Voice over IP (VoIP) phone systems, SIP and security.
Our emphasis is conveying the key concept-level knowledge in plain English - which you can't get reading trade magazines or talking to vendors. We put in place a solid, valuable and long-lasting understanding. It is our goal to bust the buzzwords, demystify the jargon, and cut through the double-talk to present a clear, cohesive picture.
Teracom's proven instructor-led telecom training courses have been developed and refined over more than twenty years providing training for organizations including AT&T, Verizon, Bell Canada, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, Qualcomm, the CIA, NSA, IRS, FAA, US Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force and hundreds of others. These courses are top-notch, top-quality and right up to date with the topics and knowledge you need.
Our GSA Contract for supplying this training to the United States Government is your assurance of approved quality and value.
Our specialty is explaining telecom technologies to Non‑Engineers who need a comprehensive overview and update, as well as for newcomers who need to get up to speed quickly.
Since 1992, we've spent thousands of hours developing and refining extremely valuable telecommunications, data communications, IP, network and Voice over IP training courses containing knowledge that spans years of university education, hands-on engineering, consulting and interaction with the biggest companies in the business.
We've organized and distilled this knowledge into proven training courses that consistently draws rave reviews from people like you:
• Non‑Engineers needing to build a solid base of knowledge, understand the jargon and buzzwords, fill in the gaps and understand mainstream technologies and trends... and how it all fits together.
• Decision-makers, managers and anyone else who wants to understand what the "techies" are saying.
• Finance, marketing, sales and business development personnel who are in need of a solid knowledge base to be more effective in dealing with technology projects and technical personnel.
• Anyone who wants to eliminate jargon- and buzzword-related frustration, understand telecom and networking concepts and how it all fits together.
• Anyone willing to invest a few days to obtain career-enhancing training, with TCO Certification and reference book.